ESOS is a mandatory energy assessment scheme for large organisations in the UK that meet the qualification criteria. Organisations qualify if they are defined as a large undertaking. This can be an organisation who has:
- 250 + employees OR
- €50m turnover and annual balance sheet of €43m OR
- Are part of a corporate group where one party qualifies
During Phase 1 many companies started the process late resulting in 2,800 late filing notifications. With £500 per day late filing penalties now being enforced by the Environment Agency and reports of companies incurring fines in excess of £40,000 make sure you act today to secure an assessor and meet the 5th December 2019 deadline.
Realising Potential Savings and Recuperating Costs
Our approach to ESOS compliance is to ensure we support you to realise identified savings and recuperate audit costs through the implementation of recommendations. We are able to do this through the provision of continued support post compliance including the completion of feasibility studies, cost benefit analysis and business case development and guidance on funding opportunities and access to off balance sheet finance.
ESOS Compliance Audits
Our assessors will design a cost effective audit methodology to suit your business and operations and provide support throughout the process to full ESOS compliance through:
- Quantification of total energy consumption
- Completion of energy audits
- Identification of cost-effective energy efficiency recommendations
- Creation of detailed payback models for selected interventions
- Reporting compliance to the Environment Agency
ISO 50001 Energy Management System (EnMS)
CIS will develop an EnMS tailored to your organisation, with achievable targets and regular reviews. An ISO 50001 EnMS is an alternative route to ESOS compliance. Companies with existing ISO 9001 or 14001 management systems may find this approach suitable, as would businesses that have a large number of small sites. Our support includes:
- Gap Analysis to understand the steps required to certification
- Energy data analysis, audits and reports
- Inclusion of staff training and support
For more information regarding ESOS and information on how Climate Integrated Solutions can support your business to comply please get in touch.